Please be aware that due to the current coronavirus pandemic, we’ve had to postpone or suspend some of our services. We apologise for any inconvenience or distress that this may be causing.
While our buildings may be closed and our resources may be stretched we are still here to help. We continue to:
- Offer Help at Home as a limited service - essential calls such as shopping or supporting our clients where they have no one.
- Support some of our Day Opportunities service users in the community with meals, phone contact and a sitting service to provide carer respite.
- Support GP practices through a remote service for social prescribing / our independent living coordinators.
- Keep an eye on anyone we face concerns over, such as people who normally would attend our Lunch Club or exercise groups.
- We are also working with Staffordshire County Council to support them meet the needs of vulnerable older people.
Age UK Staffordshire takes the health and well-being of our clients, staff and volunteers very seriously and we always work hard to ensure that everyone remains safe and well. We are carefully following NHS and Government guidelines on how best to respond to the outbreak.