Short or long term help and support for over 50s living in their own home.
Across Staffordshire, we support hundreds of local older people and their families.
- For older people who wish to continue living in their own home
- More time to spend with loved ones
- Caring, friendly and fully-trained staff
- All staff hold a current DBS check
How can we help you or a loved one?
Home Help (Available in North, East and South Staffordshire)
We offer practical assistance and support in an older persons own home to assist with daily living needs and to maintain independence and wellbeing. This could include help with:
- Washing & ironing
- Meal preparation
- General monitoring to prevent social isolation
The service is provided by friendly, experienced and trained staff who hold an enhanced DBS certificate.
Home help is available up to seven days a week, depending on your location. For further information about availability and charges, please speak to the Care & Help at Home team - contact details are below.
Companionship (Available in South Staffordshire)
We offer a companion to assist an older person to access the local community or help within their own home. The service can be tailored to your own specific requirements and may include:
- Arrange appointments
- Accompany to social engagements
- Help with reading or other hobbies and crafts
- Monitoring of diet and fluid intake
- Visiting friends and neighbours
- Prevention of social isolation
This service operates Monday - Friday and can include evenings. For further information about availability and charges, please speak to the Care & Help at Home team - contact details are below.
Who is the service for?
- Over 50s (single or couple)
- Living in their own home
- Living in our catchment area
- Suitable for those with or without disabilities
This service can be requested by an individual, a family member, friend or carer. You don't need a referral from a health and social care professional.
How to access the service
Call your nearest Help at Home team...