In the first 6 months Care Navigators have:
worked with 279 older people
made 283 referrals to community and voluntary services
carried out 238 home visits
What is a Care Navigator?
Care Navigators or health or social care professionals who provide a free, impartial and confidential service to older people in Camden. They are based within the GP practices in Camden and have specialist knowledge of services available to you. They can talk to you about your needs and concerns and together you can establish what support you may benefit from.
What happens after I am referred to the Care Navigator?
A care navigator will contact you within 2 days and arrange a time and place to meet you at your GP practice, in your home or a place that works best for you.
Who are care navigators for?
· Camden residents, with a Camden GP aged 60 years and over
· Those with one or more long term health condition
· Those who have had an unplanned admission in hospital for essential healthcare in the last 12 months
· People who would benefit from coordinated support getting to and from their health care appointments
Care navigators’ outcomes
· Reduction in GP appointments and accident and emergency visits
· Reduction in hospital admissions
· Improved coordination and access to services
· Improved wellbeing and reduction in social isolation
· Improved independence and safety at home
GP practices with Care Navigators
Zone 1 Navigator: Melanie McVey
Zone 1 Practices
Kings Cross Road
Zone 2 Navigator: Nasima Roman
Zone 2 Practices
Holborn Medical Centre
Zone 3 Navigator: Caroline O’Shea
Zone 3 Practices
Zone 4 Navigator: Kimberley Long
Zone 4 Practices
Prince of Wales Group
Zone 5 Navigator: Ross Collard
Zone 5 Practices
Zone 6 Navigator: Ayesha Ikram
Zone 6 Practices
Referring to a care navigator
Referrals into the service are made by GPs and Clinical practice staff.
If you feel you benefit from input from a Care Navigator please speak to your GP or practice staff or contact the Care Navigation Service via email email@example.com or telephone 07496 370 672