Care Navigators are health or social care professionals who provide a free, impartial and confidential service to older people in Camden. They are based in the GP practices in Camden and have specialist knowledge of services available to you. They can talk to you about your needs and concerns and together you can establish what support you may benefit from.
Who are Care Navigators for?
Care Navigators support Camden residents aged 60 or over who are registered with a Camden GP and:
- are living with one or more long-term conditions
- have had an unplanned hospital admission in the last 12 months
- may benefit from support getting to and from their healthcare appointments.
Care Navigator outcomes
- reduction in GP appointments and accident and emergency visits
- reduction in hospital admissions
- improved coordination and access to services
- improved wellbeing and reduction in social isolation
- improved independence and safety at home
Referrals into the service are made by GPs and clinical practice staff. Please speak to your GP or practice staff or contact the Care Navigation service via email email@example.com or telephone 07496 370 672
What happens after I am referred to a Care Navigator?
A Care Navigator will contact you within two days and arrange a time and place to meet you at your GP practice, in your home or a place that works best for you.