Pension Credit is an income-related benefit that comes in two parts and you may be eligible for one or both:
- Guarantee Credit tops up your weekly income to a guaranteed minimum level
- Savings Credit is extra money if you’ve got some savings or your income is higher than the basic State Pension
About 4 million older people are entitled to Pension Credit, yet about 1 in 3 of those eligible are still not claiming it. Don’t be put off if you discover you’re only eligible for a small amount of Pension Credit. It’s your passport to other benefits, such as Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction.
What you'll get with Pension Credit
Guarantee Credit will top up your weekly income to:
- £151.20 if you’re single
- or £230.85 if you’re a couple.
If you qualify for Savings Credit, you can get up to:
- £14.82 extra per week if you’re single
- or £17.43 if you’re a couple.
Watch: How Pension Credit could help you
This short video explains what Pension Credit is, and talks through the many extra benefits which come with Pension Credit, such as free dental treatment, help with the cost of glasses, council tax and rent, as well as an extra payment when the weather is cold.