What is Pension Credit
Pension Credit is an income-related benefit that comes in two parts and you may be eligible for one or both:
About 4 million older people are entitled to Pension Credit, yet about 1 in 3 of those eligible are still not claiming it.
- Guarantee Credit tops up your weekly income to a guaranteed minimum level.
- Savings Credit is extra money if you’ve got some savings or your income is higher than the basic State Pension.
What you'll get with Pension Credit
Guarantee Credit will top up your weekly income to:
- £148.35 if you’re single
- or £226.50 if you’re a couple.
If you qualify for Savings Credit, you can get up to:
- £16.80 extra per week if you’re single
- or £20.70 if you’re a couple.