Skip to content

If you moved between jobs while working you may have a pension with more than one employer. Find out how to track down and claim your money.

The Pension Tracing Service is free and can help you trace a pension that you’ve lost track of, even if you don’t have the contact details of the provider.

All you need to know is the name of your previous employer or pension scheme. But if you can, collect as much information as you can find about the employer:

  • any previous names it had
  • the type of business it ran
  • whether it changed address
  • and when you belonged to the scheme.
Tracing pensions

Tracing pensions

Lucy Harmer talks through how to track down a lost pension

More money features

Ensuring you have all these details, call the Pension Tracing Service on 0845 600 2537 who will check your information against its database of pension schemes. You can also visit to find pension contact details. You'll just need the name of the employer or pension provider to use the service.

They should be able to give you details of the pension’s administrator - you then need to contact the pension administrator to ask for your pension to be paid. The service will only give you contact details though. It won't tell you whether you have a pension, or what value it is.  

A small favour

All the information and advice we provide on the website is free and completely independent, as is our National Advice Line that is open 365 days a year.

But demand is going up. We are an ageing population and more people than ever are coming to us for support, which is why we need to ask for help.

If you are able to, just a small gift today could help us reach even more older people wherever the need is greatest.

Please support our work

Further information

For more information: Call Age UK Advice: 0800 678 1174

Was this helpful?