Forces Friends is a partnership between Age UK Nottingham & Nottinghamshire and the Royal British Legion providing support to lonely, isolated military veterans and their dependents aged 60 and over.
What is Forces Friends?
We offer a trained volunteer visiting service providing support for isolated and lonely military veterans and their dependents aged 60 and over. We aim to provide short term support to enable older veterans and their dependents to reconnect with social networks and help overcome the problems of loneliness.
What do we offer?
- Designated trained volunteer, mainly from a forces or Royal British Legion background
- One-to-one home visits to provide companionship and social support
- Trips into the wider community if desired
What extra support do we offer?
Help to access other services through Age UK Notts and Royal British Legion.
Who is this service for?
- Veterans aged 60 and over
- Dependents of veterans aged 60 or over
Which area does the service cover?
North Nottinghamshire - the districts of Mansfield, Ashfield, Newark & Sherwood and Bassetlaw.
How is this service delivered?
- Designated matched volunteer
- One-to-one home visits
- Trips out if desired
Where is this service delivered?
- In the comfort of your home
- In the wider community if desired
How much does this service cost?
This service is provided completely free of charge.
Our contact details
For more information or to access this service, please contact:
Forces Friends Project Coordinator
t 0115 844 0011
m 07872 839605
Aged Veterans Fund funded by the Chancellor using LIBOR funds