Dementia Care Services offers a range of specialist services for people with dementia giving respite and support for their carers.
We operate a day care service six days a week offering older people in the Plymouth area an enjoyable, friendly and comfortable atmosphere.
Our day care service offers
- Day care 6 days a week (not Sundays).
- Offers an enjoyable day out in a friendly, safe and comfortable environment.
- Offers flexible day care to suit the individual needs, from 3hr sessions to a full day 10am-4pm.
- Offers day respite for the carer.
- Person centred with meaningful activities.
- Transport may be available including a passenger assistant during travel.
Recent compliment that we have received:
"My father recently widowed and struggling with Vascular Dementia and came to live with me. We have All found it difficult to adjust to this new life and before Xmas we all wondered how we could keep it all together.
Then we discovered the New River View Day Centre which he attends 2 day a week. He gets to meet people his own age, is looked after by the most wonderful, kind, caring and understanding staff who make him laugh. After weeks of sleeping for, at times, 24 or 36 hours on the trot, he now gets up himself and on returning from the centre chatted about the drive back and asked me how my day had been - I nearly cried. They gave me my dad back!
I now feel we can keep going with centre's wonderful support so thank you from the bottom of my heart!"
"First class Day Centre facility. Always a warm welcome and the sense of fun/laughter hits you from the moment you walk through the door. Just the atmosphere you would wish to leave a loved one in.
My best to you all and thank you for looking after both of us."