Money Matters means making sure that people have the maximum income in later life. This may be through claiming the correct benefits, reducing income tax, dealing with debt, sorting out pensions or changing utility companies.
What Age UK does nationally
- Provides a range of information guides and factsheets
- Provides information and advice by telephone and mail, and via our website covering welfare benefits, pensions, debt, tax and consumer issues
- Provides an online benefits calculator
- Provides an online tax calculator
- Is available to older people, their family and carers, and professionals and organisations working with older people
- Manages projects to provide benefits advice and planning for retirement locally
What Age UKs do locally
Age UKs vary in their provision locally. Some can provide information only and can signpost to other advice services. Others can provide a full benefits check and information on other money matters.
Local services may be provided by telephone or face-to-face with some able to offer home visits.