You can telephone our Countywide Information Helpline on 01473 351234, email or write to us and our well informed staff will be happy to help you.
We have information centres in Ipswich and Lowestoft.
We can provide:
- An answer to any question concerning getting older in Suffolk. If we don’t have the answer, we can usually direct you to someone who does!
- Information about the range of services provided by Age UK Suffolk and how to contact them.
- Domestic Information - details of sources of domestic help such as cleaning, shopping, personal care, mobile hairdressers, odd jobs, and more.
- A referral to our Advisor Service if you need to discuss your issue or concerns in more depth.
- Details of local social clubs, lunch clubs and day centres.
- Lists of equipment suppliers, home visiting opticians and chiropodists.
To find out more about these or make any enquiry, please contact our information centres or email email@example.com.
We can also provide access to Legal Advice Sessions - 15 minutes of free basic legal advice from local solicitors.
See our list of particpating Solicitors & Estate Planners
More useful information resources
Age UK has a large range of free Information Guides and factsheets.
visit the Age UK website
For details of local reliable tradespeople who can do jobs in the home or garden you can link to the Suffolk Trader Schemes supported by Suffolk Trading Standards.
To keep up to date with news from Suffolk Trading Standards about scams and rogue trader activities in Suffolk, please visit their sites.
Suffolk Trading Standards Facebook
Suffolk Trading Standards Twitter
Suffolk Trading Standards Blog
Suffolk County Council’s Info Link is an on line source of information on local services, clubs and activities in Suffolk .
Visit the Info Link website
Volunteers assist at our information centres. If you have previous experience of customer service and are interested in joining our volunteer team, please visit our volunteering pages.
Tax help for older people
TaxHelp for Older People (T.O.P) are an independent free tax advice service for older people on low incomes who cannot afford to pay for professional advice.
They can offer initial advice over the telephone, following which an appointment may be made to see you in one Age UK Suffolk's private interview rooms. Home visits can be arranged if required.
Phone: 0845 601 3321
Visit the T.O.P website