Stop the Spread
If you suffer from infectious gastroenteritis (diarrhoea and vomiting) you should stay at home and rest for 2-3 days. Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before eating and after going to the toilet.
Stay away from hospitals, nursing homes, schools and day centres.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water
- Do not handle or prepare food for other people
- Stay away from work or school or day centres for 48 hours after symptoms stop
- Stay away from friends and family who may be in hospital or care homes
- Do not go to your GP or hospital A&E department for treatment – you will recover naturally after a couple of days
- If your symptoms become very severe and persistent, call your GP or NHS Direct on 0845 46 47.