Join the 2.6 Challenge – Become an At Home Hero
Published on 22 April 2020 02:21 PM
Age UK BRWF is encouraging members of the North Worcestershire community to join the #TwoPointSixChallenge and become an 'At Home Hero' for Age UK BRWF!
Sunday 26 April should have been the 40th London Marathon – to help raise vital funds to support and save charities across the UK the organisers of the biggest mass-participation sports event across the country have come together to create a new campaign, and are asking people to take part in an activity based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 to raise vital funds as part of its week-long challenge (starting this Sunday).
The 2.6 Challenge is open to anyone of any age – the only requirement is that the activity must follow the Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing and remember to stay local.
The 2.6 Challenge can be anything that works for you and could be done inside or outside. The Virgin Money Giving Website has a downloadable ‘Activity Ideas Pack’ but suggestions include:
- Go up and down the stairs 26 times
- Challenge yourself to 26 pressups
- Juggle for 2.6 minutes
- Put on some music and dance for 26 minutes
- Get 26 people on a video call
Information is aviailable ftom the Virgin Money Giving website, but if you would like to Get Involved and help support your local Age UK then all you need to do is:
- Set up a fundraising page and nominate Age UK Bromsgrove, Redditch & Wyre Forest as your charity
- Let us know (vai Email: Jo.Hughes@ageukbrwf.org.uk, Facebook @AgeUKBRWF, Twitter @AgeUK_brwf or Instagram ageuk_brwf) so that we can get #NorthWorcestershire behind you!
To find out more about The 2.6 Challenge visit www.twopointsixchallenge.co.uk or contact Jo.Hughes@ageukbrwf.org.uk.
Support your Local Age UK
We are determined to be there for older people across North Worcestershire who need our help. If you don’t want to get involved with the #TwoPointSixChallenge but would like to support us then why not find out how else you can #GetInvolved