Age UK Maidstone are seeking a new Trustee
Published on 26 November 2020 12:32 PM
Age UK Maidstone are seeking new Trustees with diverse skills, experience and backgrounds to join our existing Board. This is an excellent opportunity to apply expertise in a way that will benefit the local community and charity.
We are particularly interested to hear from candidates with relevant experience in the following areas:
Age UK Maidstone
Job Type: Voluntary
Role of the Trustee
The ultimate responsibility of our Board Members is to ensure that Age UK Maidstone works towards its objectives in an effective, fair and legal manner. Duties will include:
- Regular attendance at board meetings, taking place in our Maidstone office
- Ensure that the Age UK Maidstone complies with charity law requirements and its governing documents
- Oversight of the strategic, financial and governance of the charity
Why Become A Trustee
- Apply your expertise in a way that will benefit your local community and charity
- Play a fundamental role in the strategic development of the organisation
- Learn more about the management of a charity and the strategic decisions to be made
- Enhance your network with people from a variety of backgrounds & continue to develop your own career
About Age UK Maidstone
Age UK Maidstone has been through significant change over the past 12/15 months and has dealt with the challenges of managing during the Covid-19 environment.
Age UK Maidstone is an independent local charity that exists to promote the welfare of older residents in the Borough of Maidstone. We provide a range of free and paid-for services, from impartial information and advice to domestic assistance that allows clients to remain independent in their own homes. Age UK Maidstone also organise community events that help to reduce the issue of loneliness and isolation felt by some of the older people in our community.
We believe older people are entitled to the help they need to improve their own sense of wellbeing, to promote independence and to have control of their own lives.