We're hiring! Could you join our Gardening team?
Published on 02 July 2020 03:14 PM
UPDATE: This position has now been filled, thank you for your interest.
Job Title: Gardener
Area: Maidstone Areas
Hours: Full/Part-Time - Zeros Hours Contract
Pay: £9.18ph with accumulating holiday allowance
Responsible to: Ed Howard, Supervisor Gardening/Handyman Service
THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO A DISCLOUSE AND BARRING SERVICE (“DBS”) CHECK
To undertake a range of gardening tasks, maintaining the gardens to a highest possible standard and making improvements where possible to help our clients to feel comfortable and safe in and around their own home.
Outline of Responsibilities:
1. General gardening e.g. mowing, grass cutting, patio/gutter cleaning, edging, strimming, weeding, pruning, hedge cutting, planting.
2. To establish and building good close relationships with clients whilst maintaining a flexible approach to the service provided.
3. Able to work independently as well as working as a team.
4. You will be provided with a rota of clients that you will attend to on a weekly/fortnight or monthly basis. You are required to maintain basic records such as weekly hours worked
5. Client focused, organised, good time management, punctual and reliable
6. To report to the Supervisor, Gardener Maintenance any concern for the well-being of the service user, alerting him/her to any urgent/serious problems.
7. To be flexible to the service user’s wishes as to how the work is carried out.
8. To work to high standards consistently.
9. To adhere to the principle of confidentiality.
11. To adhere to the advice set out in the Lone Worker Policy.
12. To keep the Supervisor, Gardening Maintenance up to date with any changes to your working hours.
(i) This position requires you to have your own vehicle and tools.
(ii) Mileage allowance will be paid @ 40pence per mileage
(iii) Your honesty and integrity is paramount. If a client reports any suspicions to the contrary it will be taken seriously. In accusations of theft the Gardener will encourage client to involve the police.
Ready to apply?
Sound like a good fit? Give the office a call on 01622 753618 for an application form.