Could you be our new Trustee?
Published on 03 July 2019 08:11 AM
Job Type: Voluntary
Age UK Maidstone are seeking a new Trustee to join our existing Board Members. This is an excellent opportunity to apply your relevant experience and expertise in a way that will benefit your local community.
About Age UK Maidstone
Age UK Maidstone is an independent local charity that exists to promote the welfare of older residents in the Borough of Maidstone. We provide a range of free and paid-for services, from impartial information and advice to domestic assistance that allows clients to remain independent in their own homes. Age UK Maidstone also organise community events that help to reduce the issue of loneliness and isolation felt by some of the older people in our community.
We believe older people are entitled to the help they need to improve their own sense of wellbeing, to promote independence and to have control of their own lives.
The ultimate responsibility of our Board Members is to ensure that Age UK Maidstone works towards its objectives in an effective, fair and legal manner. Duties will include:
- Attendance at monthly board meetings, taking place in our Maidstone office at Mill Street for 3 hours.
- Ensure that the Age UK Maidstone complies with charity law requirements and its governing document.
Why become a Trustee?
- Apply your expertise and experience in a way that will benefit your local community and further a cause that you care about.
- Play a fundamental role in the strategic development of the organisation.
- Learn more about the management of a charity and the strategic decisions to be made.
- Network with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Gain valuable experience to further your own career.
If you feel passionately about Age UK Maidstone's values and mission and would like to become our newest Trustee, please do get in touch.
Email Louise.MacPherson@ageukmaidstone.org.uk for an application form.