Age UK Medway is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
For the purposes of Data Protection Law, Age UK Medway is the ‘data controller’ of the personal data you provide and of the personal information we hold about you.
Age UK Medway is a registered charity (number 06876354) and company limited by guarantee (number 1133023). The registered address is Age UK Medway, The Admiral’s Offices, The Historic Dockyard, Chatham, Kent ME4 4TZ and our contact number is 01634 572616. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at: email@example.com.
What information does Age UK Medway hold, and how will we use it?
Information you give Age UK Medway:
You may give us information about you by completing enquiry forms on the website or by requesting via the website that we send you marketing information. The information you give us may include your name, email address, address/location and phone number. It may also contain special categories of data, depending on the details you provide and the nature of your enquiry.
We will retain this information while we are corresponding with you or providing services to you or to a Service User you represent. We will retain this information for as long as is necessary in order to manage your enquiry effectively and for no longer than is stated in our Data Retention Schedule, adhering to the Records Management Code of Practice for Health and Social Care.
Information we receive from other sources:
This includes information we receive about you when you use other websites operated by us or other services we provide. This information may include your name, email address, postal address and phone number. We will retain this information for the duration of the requirements of our business needs to ensure that your query is met and for no longer than is stated in our Data Retention Schedule, adhering to the Records Management Code of Practice for Health and Social Care.
- Process a donation that you have made.
- Fulfil our obligations under any contract we have entered into with you or with a Service User you represent, and to provide you or the relevant Service User with information or services you or the Service User has requested.
- Send you newsletters and marketing information if you have consented to us doing so.
- Notify you of products and services we feel may interest you, or permit third parties to do so if you have provided the appropriate consent.
- Monitor website usage and provide statistics to third parties for the purposes of improving and developing the website and the services we provide via the website.
- Where the processing enables Age UK Medway to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve the website, its services or communications.
- To identify and prevent fraud.
- To enhance the security of Age UK Medway's network and information systems To better understand how people interact with Age UK Medway's websites.
- To administer the website and carry out data analysis, troubleshooting and testing; and To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
We will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us (other than as set out in this policy) without your prior consent, unless required to do so by law.
Third party sites
How safe is your information?
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Protecting your security and privacy is important to us and we make every effort to secure your information and maintain your confidentiality in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Legislation. The website is protected by various levels of security technology, which are designed to protect your information from any unauthorised or unlawful access, processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
We will do our best to protect your personal data but the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Any such transmission is therefore at your own risk.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you.
Third parties who may wish to contact you in respect of services or products they offer or sell which may be of interest to you, provided we receive your consent to such disclosure; and/or advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website.
Please note we may need to disclose your personal information where we:
- Sell any or all our business or assets or we buy another business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller.
- Are under a legal duty to comply with any legal obligation or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or need to disclose it to protect our rights, property or the safety of our customers or others, including the exchange of information with other companies, organisations and/or governmental bodies for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your rights in respect of your data
You have the right to opt out of receiving communications from us, or change the way we contact you, at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to opt you out of receiving communications, it is necessary to retain some of your details to ensure we don’t contact you again in future. Your details will only be used for this purpose.
If any of the information you provide to us via the website changes, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make the necessary changes to the information we hold for you on our database. If you wish to make any changes to your information, please contact our DPO.
If you wish to access or rectify the information we hold about you, or request that such information be transmitted directly to another data controller, please contact our DPO. We shall process your request to access your information within one month of receipt, or we'll let you know within that timeframe if we need more information from you. We will process your request free of charge.
To request that your information is deleted or if you wish to restrict or object to the processing of your information, please contact our DPO.
If you have any complaints about our use of your personal data, please contact us at:
Address: Age UK Medway, The Admiral's Offices, The Historic Dockyard, Chatham ME4 4TZ.
Tel: 01634 572616
If you remain unhappy with our response, you also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office ('ICO'). Contact details for the ICO can be found at https://ico.org.uk/.
Other related privacy notices
This policy can be read in conjunction with our Fair Processing Notices and Data Retention Schedule (where applicable to our relationship with you) which are set out as below:
- Fair Processing Notice - External
- Fair Processing Notice - Recruitment
- Fair Processing Notice - Employees
- Fair Processing Notice - Volunteers/Trustees
Please contact us if you would like to request a copy of any of the above policies along with our Data Retention Schedule.
Review of this policy
This policy was last reviewed on 22/01/2020. This is kept under regular review and updated where necessary.