Free 'Taster Day'
- If you have not tried our fantastic day service before, then do come for a free 'taster day'.
- You can then see if the facilities we offer suit you.
- We can assess how best to meet your needs, with your full involvement and choice.
- We will introduce you to some of the staff and existing people who already love and use our services.
- Enjoy a hot meal at lunchtime on the taster day and then you can discuss with our friendly staff team how you have enjoyed the experience and what you would like to do next.
What is a 'Wellbeing Service?'
- Whilst we can offer all of the above facilities and activities we are not a direct care service, providing 'personal care'. We have very limited resources available to support people with needs that require more one to one staff support.
- However we do our very best to support each individual to achieve their personal goals wherever possible. We often work with other agencies and charities that might offer additional specific specialised support.
- Each client using the Wellbeing Service will be allocated a 'key worker' who works closely with the client and their family to complete a 'support plan' that is regularly updated, noting individual preferences and needs.
- It may be that you prefer us to visit you at home first, to explain the services in more detail and help us assess your requirements. Just let us know if you would prefer an initial home visit.
- Transport to and from our centres is provided on our modern vehicles. Transport availability is limited.
- Clients are picked up by our trained drivers and can be assisted in and out of people's homes by our team of escorts.
- Times of pick-ups and drop-offs are not specific and can vary day to day due to the volume of passengers we carry, the changing routes, the volume of traffic on the road and any road traffic accidents on the day.
- There is limited space for wheelchairs, again subject to availability and space.
- Personal walking frames will not be carried on the vehicles because of space restrictions and health and safety, but at the centre we can offer a choice of devices to use to suit your mobility.
Hot, Freshly cooked Meals
- Enjoy an appetising and nourishing 'home' cooked two course lunch, prepared on the premises by our very experienced catering team.
- There is a choice of weekly menus and all special diets are catered for.
- If you aren't able to come to the centre as usual because you are not feeling well, then let us know as soon as possible and we can arrange for a meal to be delivered to your home.
- Refreshments - teas and coffee is available as well as other light snacks.
Access to 'Hi Kent' - Hearing Clinic at Gravesend Centre
- The Hi-Kent clinic at Age UK North West Kent in Gravesend runs every Wednesday from 9.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.
- Hi Kent is the county's registered charity for the one in six deaf and hard of hearing people living in Kent - 300,000 in total.
- Hi Kent's trained volunteers run support clinics throughout Kent to help people with NHS hearing aids.
- Hi Kent volunteers will clean and re-tube the hearing aids, and supply and fit replacement batteries, while you wait and without the need for appointments. All free of charge, although donations to Hi Kent are appreciated.
- Clients are asked to bring their brown battery books with them.
If you would like further information on the 'Active Living' day services, you can download our leaflet below or contact us by calling on 01474 564898 or alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com