Here at Age UK North Yorkshire Coast & Moors, we use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy, how we use cookies, and how you can control them. Read our Privacy Policy.
Skip to content

Here are some of the most common questions asked of us. If you have an inquiry of your own to make, please check the following questions, and click upon them to expand the answers; if you are unable to find what you are looking for, or need more information, please contact us by phone, e-mail, or use our online contact form.

Do you still provide car, home and life insurance to the 50+?

As a local subsidiary branch of AgeUK, we can no longer provide these services, as ALL insurance provision is now handled directly by the national branch of AgeUK. Please visit their website for details (

Please be assured that this change does not affect the good work of the Age UK North Yorkshire Coast & Moors. Our will continue to help improve the lives of older people in our local area, and we would like to thank all of our customers for their support over the years.

Where do I get Blue Badge Applications?

We are now able to support you in acquiring or renewing these permits. To arrange an appointment for this, please contact reception at our main office. For full information about the application and renewal process of Blue Badges, please visit the North Yorkshire County Council website.

Do you still provide a Handyperson Service?

Yes, and for more information please check our services page.

What help is available with Energy providers and tariffs?

Currently, we are able to offer limited advice. Please refer to our Information & Advice service for help in these matters.

What help is available with Home Cleaning?

As with the Handyperson Service, the local council's White Rose Home Improvement Agency (HIA) is able to provide domicillary care.

Can you give me Legal Advice?

We can help you with Power of Attorney matters, and preparing Wills. Please check our services page for more information.

Are you offering any Computer Literacy Courses?

We can offer one-to-one guidance to help you understand how to use any of your devices, and offer technical support if you have any problems. Please check our activities page for this or contact the main office. We also have a public-access computer available at reception in our main office, available for anyone to use. For tech literacy courses, we recommend you look in your local library, both for guidebooks and for on-hands experience with public computers. 

Who can help me get to a doctor or hospital appointment?

For transport help, please contact Scarborough Dial-a-Ride or check Go Local.

Where can I hire a walking chair or wheelchair?

Please check your hospital's physio department to see if they can provide you with mobility devices. If not, there are multiple hire providers in your area who should allow the hire of wheelchairs, mobility scooters, and walking chairs.