Finding out that you or someone you care for has dementia can be a very anxious time. You are not alone.
Age UK Oldham
Our advisors will give you information and support at the right time for you and help to keep you up-to-date and better informed to be able to plan for the future. We also link with other services both locally and nationally to provide the widest range of information, resources and support to help you and the people you care for to make informed choices.
Age UK Oldham also offers a multitude of advice and information for carers and their families including:
- Are you a carer?
- Your rights as a carer
- Support with caring
- Having a break
- Your changing relationship
- Looking after yourself
- When your caring role changes
Oldham Carers Centre
Oldham Carers Centre provides practical and emotional support, information and advice to unpaid carers in Oldham. We support carers who are over 18 and who care for an adult or child with a range of illnesses or disabilities. By unpaid carer we mean somebody who is not employed or paid to provide care for a person. Carers who are in receipt of Carers Allowance are still regarded as unpaid carers.
- Carers Assessments on behalf of the local authority which helps us to identify if there is any advice or support we can offer the carer.
- One-to-one emotional support and guidance.
- Signposting and referrals to external agencies.
- Access to an advocacy service.
- Carers Counselling.
- Personal Budget – This is a non means tested annual grant that may be awarded as an outcome of a Carers Assessment dependent on eligibility.
- Oldham Carers Emergency Support Scheme (OCESS). This is an emergency back up service that can provide up to 72 hours free care for the person you care for in the event of an emergency that prevents you from fulfilling your caring role.
- Carers Social Club (drop in sessions) where carers can meet each other and access information, events, talks and activities.
Phone: 0161 770 1188
This information is provided by the individual service providers and is correct at time of publishing. This website is updated at regular intervals to reflect changes made. Please contact the service directly to confirm service details.
If you would like to inform Age UK Oldham of any changes please do so by email or telephone:
- 0161 622 9312
- 0161 622 9333
- 0161 622 9314