Age UK Oldham offers information and support on dementia diagnosis, living with dementia, care options, financial matters and much more.
Finding out that you or someone you care for has memory problems or has been diagnosed with dementia can be a very anxious time. At this time you may be in need of additional support and reassurance. We can help you to find out about services locally and nationally, listen to what you have to say, provide you with one to one emotional support, give you access to a range of useful resources, help you to plan for the future, connect you to services that can support you and explain what financial help is available to you or those you care for.
We can help you with:
- One to one emotional support for you or those you care for
- Support to the person living with dementia to access social groups or activities.
- Information regarding diagnosis.
- Carers’ Assessments (see our Dementia Carers Assessment Service)
- Access to an Emergency Carers Card
- Determining if you are eligible to apply for a Carers’ Personal Budget.
- Advice on care options / services.
- Advice on equipment within the home
- Advice on Lasting Power of Attorney
- Information on planning for the future
- Information on living well
- Information on keeping active
- Information regarding local peer support groups
- Information on training opportunities
- Information on financial support available
- Useful contacts
- Detailed resources
Accessing this service
We receive referrals from the Oldham Memory Clinic and GPs and people can self-refer using the contact details below. You do not need to have received a formal diagnosis to access this service.
As from Monday 17th September 2018 this office will now be open from 9:00.am. until 1:00.pm. on Monday to Friday for the informal drop in services.
Telephone access to the service will continue to be available each day from Monday to Friiday from 9:00.am. - 4:30.pm.
This change in our opening times for the drop in service will not affect any scheduled pre-booked appointments for any of the services which will continue to be available from 9:00.am. until 4:30.pm. on Monday - Friday.
Outside of our office opening hours you can contact the service directly on the telephone number below:
Dementia Information, Support Service: 0161 622 9309
If the telephone lines are busy, please leave your name and contact details and staff will call you back.
If you would like to discuss your situation in more detail or require individual support, make an appointment with our Project Co-ordinator, Donna Atherton, using the contact details below.
Donna Atherton - Dementia Services Coordinator