Age UK Oldham offers information and support on dementia diagnosis, living with dementia, care options, financial matters and much more.
Finding out that you or someone you care for has memory problems or has been diagnosed with dementia can be a very anxious time. At this time you may be in need of additional support and reassurance. We can help you to find out about services locally and nationally, listen to what you have to say, provide you with one to one emotional support, give you access to a range of useful resources, help you to plan for the future, connect you to services that can support you and explain what financial help is available to you or those you care for.
We can help you with:
- One to one emotional support for you or those you care for
- Support to the person living with dementia to access social groups or activities.
- Information regarding diagnosis.
- Carers’ Assessments (see our Dementia Carers Assessment Service)
- Access to an Emergency Carers Card
- Determining if you are eligible to apply for a Carers’ Personal Budget.
- Advice on care options / services.
- Advice on equipment within the home
- Advice on Lasting Power of Attorney
- Information on planning for the future
- Information on living well
- Information on keeping active
- Information regarding local peer support groups
- Information on training opportunities
- Information on financial support available
- Useful contacts
- Detailed resources
Accessing this service
We receive referrals from the Oldham Memory Clinic and GPs and people can self-refer using the contact details below. You do not need to have received a formal diagnosis to access this service.
Please note: Due to the current Coronavirus crisis there is a change to our normal service delivery as follows:
Telephone / email advice and consultation are available from: 9.00am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Face to face drop in service at our offices and home visits have temporarily been suspended in light of the current Coronavirus crisis. These visits will be resumed as soon as is possible and when safe to do so.
If the telephone lines are busy, please leave your name and contact details and staff will call you back.
Donna Atherton - Project Coordinator
Telephone: 0161 622 9309 / 9312 .
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any difficulty you can contact:
Carol Richards, Care & Support Services Manager on: 0161 622 9313 or 07944 131182.