Published on 30 January 2019 11:04 AM
Age UK Sevenoaks and Tonbridge recently met with TV Licensing for a useful refresher on the TV Licence and the concessions available to our clients.
The Over 75s Licence
- The over 75s are eligible for a free TV Licence. It is important to know that enrolment for the over 75 licence is not automatic and that clients need to apply so that TV Licensing can check their eligibility.
- Many people are also not aware that if they have a person who is over 75 in their household they can be the licence holder for the address.
- People who are 74 can apply for a ‘Short-Term TV Licence’ to cover the period between the expiry of their current TV Licence and their 75th birthday, when their free TV Licence will apply.
- If a client has been paying after their 75th birthday, they are eligible for a refund. They should contact TV Licensing if they believe this may be the case.
- To find out more and apply, clients can visit www.tvlicensing.co.uk/over75 or call 0300 790 6073 to speak directly to a TV Licensing advisor.
Blind (severely sight impaired) concession
- TV Licensing also offers a 50% concession to people who are blind (severely sight impaired). This licence will also cover anyone else in the household.
- This will mean that the licence will cost £75.25 for colour and £25.25 for a black and white TV Licence per year.
- This concession is only available to the blind (severely sight impaired). It is not available to partially sighted (sight impaired) people.
- To find out more, please visit https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/for-your-home/blindseverely-sight-impaired-aud5 or call 0300 790 6112.