AgeUK, Sevenoaks is seeking a volunteer to assist the organiser of Stepping Out, a well supported afternoon exercise and social group which meets at The Hollybush Day Centre, Hollybush Court, Sevenoaks every Friday 2.30 to 4.30 pm and which has been providing supervised exercises, tailored to the needs of the older members of the community and led by qualified instructors, for over twenty years. The hour of exercises is followed by refreshments and a quiz, occasionally a talk or other special feature. The meeting lasts in total for two hours.
We are looking for volunteers for 2 roles:
1. Stepping out volunteer
We are looking for someone to help find and book speakers and to help by setting up the laptop and projector each week. You need to be able to set up a laptop and projector or be willing to learn. We can show you how.
2. Stepping out volunteer organisers assistant
The assistant will help the Organiser who is is responsible for organising and managing the weekly meeting. In particular:
- organise and facilitate sessions including quizzes, activities etc
- maintaining and updating the weekly spreadsheet
- preparing and co-ordinating the transport logistics
- liaising with four volunteer drivers
- liaising with the Day Centre Manager
- be a point of contact for new members and prospective members
- being present on Friday afternoon to manage the meeting
- to supervise the tidying of the Day Centre to ensure everything is left secure after the meeting.
Applications in writing, phone or email to:
Gillian Shepherd-Coates, Chief Officer, Age UK Sevenoaks & Tonbridge, The Old Meeting House, St John's Road, Sevenoaks, TN13 3LR
Tel: 01732 454108 Email: email@example.com