Coronavirus - Update from Age UK BRWF (2nd November 2020)
Published on 02 November 2020 12:03 PM
Age UK BRWF has been assessing the impact of the latest lockdown measures, announced by the Government on Saturday (31st October 2020), and would like to provide the following update regarding our services and operations, as we remain focused upon continuing to provide help and support for older people living in North Worcestershire.
- Our Information and Advice service continues to operate (as it has been doing since March) as a telephone-based service. Anyone seeking information, advice and support can contact our team on 01527 570490 (Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 4pm)
- Our At Home team continues to operate as normal, as will our Community Foot Care service. Any clients with concerns or queries regarding an existing appointment can contact the team on 01527 871840
- Our Befriending service will continue to operate as a telephone service
- Those face-to-face Activities and Groups which had restarted, will now be ‘suspended’ (this includes Bromsgrove Men In Sheds and the Tai Chi Classes at the Ecumenical Centre). For all of our Activity and Group members, we will continue to maintain regular contact in order that we can continue to provide help and support
- As per the Government requirements, all of our Retail Shops will close at 4pm on Wednesday 4th November 2020. For those people who had donations booked in over the coming weeks/ days (and anybody else that had items that they were planning to donate), then please be advised that all of our shops will be accepting donations throughout the day on Wednesday (and we would very much welcome your support!)
- Our eBay Charity Shop will continue to operate (and help raise much needed funds) as normal
We will continue to provide updates regarding Age UK BRWF’s support and services, in line with the latest Government guidelines, but if you have any questions or concerns the please do not hesitate to contact us.
These are difficult and challenging times as we enter a second lockdown and with the winter ahead, but we urge all members of our local community to stay safe and well, to heed the latest advice and to continue to support older friends, family and neighbours.
Age UK BRWF - Here to Help
Our team are here to help during these difficult times so please contact us on 01527 570490 (Monday - Friday, 9am-4pm)