Information & Advice
- Location: Age UK Bromsgrove, Redditch & Wyre Forest
- Price: Free
Please note, this service is not available outside Age UK Bromsgrove, Redditch and Wyre Forest - Head Office's catchment area.
Age UK Bromsgrove, Redditch & Wyre Forest offers a free and confidential information and advice service for older people, their families and carers living in North Worcestershire.
About our Service
Our advisers and volunteers are trained to help you on a variety of topics, including:
• Welfare benefits advice for those over retirement age, including identifying and calculating benefit entitlement and assistance to complete claim forms
• Helping people to identify the care and support they need, including help accessing Social Services and advice on how to pay for care and support
• Advising on housing issues, including help with maintaining a property and advice on the different types of housing for older people who need more support or want to move nearer to family or friends
• Advising on the services, support, groups, activities and concessions available locally
• Advising those who are finding it hard to make ends meet or are struggling to pay their bills
• Helping people to make complaints or challenge decisions about welfare benefits, social services, health services and energy providers
How to access the Service
Members of our Information and Advice Team work across Bromsgrove and Redditch and Wyre Forest. You can access our information and advice service in a number of ways:
• By Phone: 01527 570490 (Monday – Friday, 9am-4pm. An answerphone service is available out of hours and on Bank Holidays)
• By Email: email@example.com
• At our Information and Advice Centre in Bromsgrove
• Outreach appointments
• We can also arrange to visit you at Home
Please 'Contact Us' using the link below and let us see how we can help!
Additional Information about our Service
Additional information about Age UK BRWF's Information & Advice Service can be accessed via our Statement of Service (which can be accessed via the link below). Age UK BRWF is proud to have achieved the Age UK Information and Advice Quality Programme (IAQP) and also holds the holds the Advice Quality Standard (AQS).
Information Guides & the Age UK BRWF Partner Portal
Age UK produces free information guides and factsheets on a wide range of topics, including home adaptations, dementia, and advice for carers. You can find a complete list of guides and factsheets on the Age UK national website (https://www.ageuk.org.uk/services/information-advice/guides-and-factsheets/)
If you are a health/ social care professional or from a community or voluntary organisation, you can make a referral to our Information & Advice service via our Partner Portal which can be accessed via the following link