Coronavirus - Update from Age UK BRWF (5th January 2021)
Published on 05 January 2021 01:20 PM
Following the Government's announcement (4th January 2021) regarding the latest lockdown measures, Age UK BRWF would like to provide the following update regarding its services and operations, and to provide re-assurance that we remain focused upon continuing to provide help and support for older people living in North Worcestershire.
- Our Information and Advice service continues to operate (as it has been doing since March) as a telephone-based service. Our trained advisors offer help and support on a range of topics including social care, benefits and pensions advice, staying safe, warm and independent at home, as well as support for carers. Anyone seeking information, advice and support can contact our team on 01527 570490 (Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 4pm)
- Our At Home team continues to operate as normal, as will our Community Foot Care service. Any clients with concerns or queries regarding an existing appointment can contact the team on 01527 871840
- Our Befriending service will continue to operate as a telephone service
- Our face-to-face Activities and Groups remain ‘suspended’. For all of our Activity and Group members, we will endeavour to maintain regular contact in order that we can continue to provide help and support. We are also looking at launching online sessions over the coming weeks as part of our campaign to help get people Moving More in 2021 (more details to follow soon!)
- All of our Retail Shops are now closed. If anybody does have items that they were planning to donate, then please could we ask that you keep hold of your donations (please do not try and bring them to our shops as they will not be in a position to accept donated items and please do not leave any donations outside our shops) - your support for Age UK BRWF is going to be so very much appreciated once we are able to re-open
- Our eBay Charity Shop will continue to operate as normal, helping to raise much needed funds to support our work
We will continue to provide updates regarding Age UK BRWF’s support and services, in line with the latest Government guidelines, but if you have any questions or concerns the please do not hesitate to contact us.
These remain difficult and challenging times, but we urge all members of our local communities to stay safe and well, to heed the latest advice and to continue to support older friends, family and neighbours and to remember that we are here to help.
Age UK BRWF - Here to Help
Our team are here to help during these difficult times so please contact us on 01527 570490 (Monday - Friday, 9am-4pm)