Coronavirus – We are still here to help
Our team are continuing to operate a Telephone Information and Advice service so please contact us on 01527 570490
Age UK Bromsgrove, Redditch & Wyre Forest offers a free and confidential information and advice service for older people, their families and carers.
Our advisers and volunteers are trained to help you on a variety of topics, including:
- Welfare benefits advice for those over retirement age, including identifying and calculating benefit entitlement and assistance to complete claim forms
- Helping people to identify the care and support they need, including help accessing Social Services and advice on how to pay for care and support
- Advising on housing issues, including help with maintaining a property and advice on the different types of housing for older people who need more support or want to move nearer to family or friends
- Advising on the services, support, groups, activities and concessions available locally
- Advising those who are finding it hard to make ends meet or are struggling to pay their bills
- Helping people to make complaints or challenge decisions about welfare benefits, social services, health services and energy providers
How to access the service
You can access our information and advice service in a number of ways:
- By Phone: 01527 570490
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- At our Information and Advice Centre in Bromsgrove
- Outreach appointments in Redditch and Wyre Forest
- We can also arrange to visit you at Home
Our Information and Advice Centres/ Teams
Members of our Information and Advice Team work across Bromsgrove and Redditch and Wyre Forest
Our Bromsgrove Information and Advice Centre is based at our Office in Windsor Street. The service is open Monday-Friday, 10am-1pm. We offer daily drop-in sessions for short enquiries and offer booked appointments for more complex issues.
For enquiries, or to arrange a Home Visit for Information and Advice in the Redditch District, please call 01527 570490. The Team also operate an appointment-based Outreach Service every Thursday (9.30am-2.30pm) at Redditch Library (Market Place, B98 8AR) - please call 01527 570490 to book an appointment.
For enquiries, or to arrange a Home Visit for Information and Advice in the Wyre Forest area, please call 01527 570490. The Team also operate an appointment-based Outreach Service every Friday (9.30am-3.00pm) at Age UK BRWF Tulip Tree Centre (Kidderminster, DY11 6TH) - please call 01527 570490 to book an appointment.
Free information guides and Local Traders Register
Additional information about Age UK Bromsgrove, Redditch & Wyre Forest's Information & Advice Service can be accessed via our Statement of Service. Age UK Bromsgrove, Redditch & Wyre Forest are proud to have achieved the Age UK Information and Advice Quality Programme (IAQP) and also holds the holds the Advice Quality Standard (AQS).
We are also part of the Worcestershire Advice Network, a partnership of local agencies here to help you with everyday problems such as benefits, housing and debt. For more details of the network, please click on Worcestershire Advice Network
Seeking Information and Advice?
Call us on 01527 570490 or email: email@example.com - We are here to help.