The Collins Unit is for people over 50 living with dementia. The Collins Unit is a secure unit with a higher level of individual attention and stimulation than traditional social day care.
The service offers people with dementia
- An enjoyable day out in a safe and stimulating environment
- Person centred care from trained staff
- The possibility of living in their own home longer
- Activities to help maintain memories and skills
The service offers carers
- Relief from their caring responsibilities
- Knowledge that the person they care for is receiving a high standard of care
- Support from other carers through regular group meetings
- Access to other services provided by Age UK Canterbury including carer support from our Dementia Outreach service.
The Collins Unit is open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 2.45pm.
Wednesday is specifically for our younger onset group, all other days are for people of all ages.
If you would like to find out more about the Collins Unit, please contact Janet Eales on 01227 462368 or email email@example.com