We are seeking Wellness Volunteers, across Cornwall, to join our highly successful Step into Wellness programme - which aims to improve a persons mental, emotional and physical health.
What is a Wellness Volunteer?
A Wellness Volunteer supports, encourages and motivates participants (via phone calls) through the 7 'Step into Wellness' sessions. You will work alongside our experienced and skilled facilitators to provide a coaching programme, that is shaped around the person. Offering a fun and unique approach to improve physical, emotional and mental wellness.
Currently, the coaching sessions are held on Zoom, but we are beginning to arrange face-2-face sessions throughout Cornwall.
There are fortnightly catchup meetings for the Wellness Volunteer team to share ideas, raise concerns and offer peer support.
What you will get out of it
- It's a great way to make a real difference in the community
- You'll be changing lives and improving mental, physical, and emotional wellness
- You get to be part of Age UK Cornwall's wellness volunteer team
- You will learn new skills
- You will make new friendships and real connections
- All your mileage expenses will be paid
- A mobile phone will be provided
- Access to, and the use of, digital equipment is essential. Full training will be provided, which includes: Safeguarding, Lone Working, Data Protection, Wellness Support and Digital training modules. Please note that an Enhanced DBS Certificate is a requirement of this role (we will guide you through these processes).
- Experience in previously supporting someone (family, friends, or for employment) is not essential but is helpful for this role. If you have a caring nature, a desire to help others regain their independence, confidence and self-worth, then this could be the perfect role for you.
- You are free to make the phone calls on a day and at a time that suits you and the participant/s. Zoom coaching sessions are held during normal working hours.
- We are searching for volunteers throughout the week.
A Vital Service
To date, the Step into Wellness programme has supported over 350 people across Cornwall. If you are unsure about the benefit of this programme, please read our participant stories on these links:
Contact us or Apply
You can apply online by clicking this link or contacting our Helpline on 01872 266383 - or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org