Affected by cancer or just want to ask a question? We’re here to help you find the right information and support.
Who we are
Our cancer support service is non-clinical and for any adult, 18-plus directly or indirectly affected by cancer. Our Community Navigators will be your researchers and guides when you’re in a tough place. They provide that all-important listening ear, finding out what matters to you so they can access the support you need.
We will signpost you to Macmillan services and professionals; Age UK Cornwall services and link you with cancer support and social groups in your community (related to cancer or otherwise). In these difficult times, we’re happy to take a referral from any part of the county.
Please call our community Helpline on 01872 266383.
Let us be your researchers and guides.
Our information and signposting help whole families get the support they need, for example, looking at the support a child might need who would soon be bereaved and, in partnership with Digital Inclusion and other organisations, supporting people who live alone to access IT and alleviate their isolation during the pandemic and beyond.
What we can do
- help people affected by cancer to find the right information and support
- offer simple and easy to understand ‘training’
- provide accessible, user-friendly sessions to improve your knowledge of cancer and how you can best communicate with people impacted by it
- help you take a key role as a Navigator for your organisation or community group
- enable you to identify those in need of support and how to find this support
- help build skills & confidence in talking about and talking to, anyone affected by cancer
- run a virtual or real (Covid-19 safe) drop-in service for you or your community group
- provide a navigator network that links with other organisations to increase awareness and talk about cancer
How we help
- We can help with basic IT skills such as; accessing video calls and emails
- Identify wig services; physiotherapy; counselling and other cancer support
- Helping you to connect to a local social/community groups (related to cancer or otherwise)
- Accessing grants to help towards e.g. funeral cost
- Provide information about specific cancer types - you can then choose to read whenever you want to
- Linking you to an online support group
- Support your wellbeing and self-care
- Introducing you to a wide range of physical activities
If you’d like to know more about how we can work with you to build resilient communities supporting people affected by cancer, please get in touch. Call on 01872 266383 or email@example.com