We have an exciting new Home Admin service that can help alleviate anxiety for older individuals. Find out more here and don't forget to contact us for a free enquiry.
What does the service offer?
This service aims to ease the anxiety and stress that can come when organising paperwork at home. The ultimate goal of the service is to make sure bills are paid on time and a person’s day to day affairs run more smoothly.
Bereavement, illness, a house move or any change of circumstances can lead to a person being unable to keep their paperwork in order. Whatever the trigger, our Home Admin Service can create an organised, easily accessible filing system within an individual’s home. We also offer a number of other tasks which can alleviate anxiety, such as;
- Calendar and address book completion
- Card writing
- Gift wrapping and posting of gifts
- Appointment making
- Assisting to set up direct debits and standing orders
- Call assistance to relevant organisations and utility providers
- Getting online
How else could a person benefit?
Documents can be organised to be presented to a Solicitor and aid the following;
- Buying or renting a home
- Preparing ‘Power of Attorney’
- Probates & wills
- Collated information could be used to apply for benefits and entitlements.
- Ordered insurance policies to compare tariffs.
- Gaining control, allowing for better budgeting and financial planning.
- Aids planning and applying for future care.
How is this Service delivered?
1) Initial communication received to the Helpline team.
2) The Helpline team will take the relevant details and refer to a Service Consultant.
3) The Service Consultant will call the client to arrange a home visit to discuss their administration needs and priorities. If the customer is an existing Age UK Cornwall and IOS client, they can discuss these needs on the telephone.
4) Following the discussion, a ‘Home Admin Co-ordinator’ will visit the individual for four hours to complete the initial ‘tidy up’ tasks, leaving the individual with an organised and efficient filing system plus any other tasks requested.
5) Individuals can then book in ‘after care appointments’ for the year ahead to keep on top of any administration tasks. These are booked as hourly blocks.
What is the cost?
An initial £75 for a 4-hour ‘tidy up & review’ session. This price includes the filing system, a welcome pack & a calendar.
The After Care Service is priced at £18 per hour.
We have just launched our new Home Admin Service, call the Helpline to arrange your first appointment