Our Information and Advice Service provides free, impartial advice and all the right information you need to make informed decisions on housing, benefits and other issues affecting older people.
Topics that we cover.
- Welfare benefits:
- Benefit checks
- Supporting people to understand and navigate the range of options available.
- Help with applying to the Housing Register.
- Health & Social Care:
- Advice on accessing Social Care support for both funded & self-funded clients.
- Advice on statutory rights to Assessments.
- Advice on hospital discharge procedures.
- Information only on Power of Attorney’s / Wills (not advice or help with applications).
- Help with Blue Badge and Disability Bus Pass applications.
- Topics not covered:
- Legal advice
- Financial advice
- Immigration advice
- Neighbour disputes
How to access the service
Tel: 01795 532 766 (Faversham) or 01795 477 520 (Sittingbourne)
Opening times: Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) from 9:00am - 4:00pm.
You may also be able to find the help you need by checking the Age UK factsheets or completing the benefit calculator on the Age UK website. You can find the links for these below.
Age UK Information & Factsheets
Full information on a wide variety of topics affecting people in later life from claiming benefits to care homes.
Age UK Benefits Calculator
Find out whether you're eligible to claim benefits from Attendance Allowance to Pension Credit using Age UK's online Benefits Calculator.
If you would like information about other Age UK Faversham and Sittingbourne services, please view our services page.