Job Vacancy: Independent Living Support Worker
Published on 13 February 2019 01:39 PM
Job Title: Independent Living Support Worker
Responsible to: Independent Living Support co-ordinator.
This position is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced disclosure.
To undertake a wide range of domestic tasks for elderly citizens of the Borough of Maidstone, in their own homes according to their individual needs and wishes.
The post holder must be committed to the aims, objectvies and principles of Age UK Maidstone. Have good communication skills and be a good team worker.
Outline of duties
- General domestic cleaning and tidying, including washing floors and other surfaces, vacuuming and dusting, cleaning bathrooms, toilets, kitchens, living spaces and hallways.
- To co-operate with the service user's carer, relatives, health service workers, whilst maintaining a flexible approach to the service provided.
- Tasks related to washing, ironing and general care of clothing and linen.
- Weekly shopping if required.
- To maintain legible work records
- To be punctual and reliable
- To report to the service co-ordinator any concern for the wellbeing of the service user, alerting them to any urgent/serious problems.
- Be flexible to the service user's wishes as to how the work is carried out.
- To consistently work to high standards.
- If requested to do so by the service co-ordinator, to collect payment for the work from the service user and issue receipt immediately.
- To adhere to the principle of client confidentiality.
- To adhere to the guidelines set out in Age UK Maidstone Lone Worker Policy.
- To keep the service co-ordinator up to date with any changes to your working hours.
- To notify the service co-ordinator immediately if unale to attend a client due to ill health.
Support Workers will not provide any personal care (washing, dressing, meal preparation and assistance with mobility).
Your honesty and integrity is paramount. If a service user reports any suspicions to the contrary it will be taken seriously. In accusations of theft the service co-ordinator will investigate the claim with the support of the CEO or Deputy CEO before making a decision about police involvement.
Support workers are to maintain a professional relationship at all times with service users. This includes not divulging personal information such as address.
Never take another person, including children, to a client's house unless they are an employee of Age UK Maidstone and it has been prearranged through the service co-ordinator.
Note: This job description is designed to assist the post holder to understand and appreciate what is expected of them in their role within Age UK Maidsotne. It may be ammended form time to time in consultation with the post holder within the scope and general level of responsilibity attached to the post.
How To Apply
If you are interested in the role please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01622 753618.