Since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, we have all experienced a year of fear and uncertainty, illness, loss of loved ones and extended periods of isolation. This is why it is the perfect time to take part in KM's Big Bike Ride - the perfect mood-boosting challenge. Not only will it be rewarding for those who take part, but for the older communities of Medway too, should you choose to support Age UK Medway as your chosen charity.
It's time to dust off your lycra on Sunday 18 April 2021 for the inaugural KM Charity Big West Kent Bike Ride - sponsored by Cyclo Park and Vattenfall.
Cycling is something we can all do safely - it has been actively encouraged by the Government for months - plus you can help raise money for Age UK Medway to continue the vital and much-loved services that have supported hundreds of older people living in Medway throughout the Covid-19 pandemic. So far in the Covid-19 pandemic:
About the Big Bike Ride
- The Big West Kent Big Ride starts and finishes at Cyclo Park, Gravesend on Sunday 18th April 2021 and takes in the beautiful Kent countryside.
- There is a 100km and 50km route to choose from, with refreshments available en route.
- You will receive a sportive photo, timing chips and a medal!
Though the event takes place after the first offical ease of lockdown restrictions, the Big Bike Ride has still implemented strict rules to ensure it is a COVID-Secure event:
- You must register online only
- Riders will be allocated a strict time slot at registration - this must be adhered to in order to avoid crowds
- Masks must be worn when arriving at the event and with any interactions with the KM team.
Register online today, not forgetting to choose Age UK Medway from the 'Supported Charity' drop-down!