The team at Age UK Medway is one that has been going for over 40 years. This means that over those 40+ years we've built up a high quality team of paid staff and volunteers who work tirelessly to provide the high quality service that our clients expect.
If you'd like to become part of our highly passionate team and you also strive for excellence in what you do, why not take a look at the opportunities below.
Community Care Worker - Medway or Faversham
As a Community Care Worker you will be working as part of a strong team of carers who provide care and support to clients at their home. You will be assisting clients with everything from getting washed and dressed in the morning, to preparing a meal for lunch or tea, and assisting clients into bed of an evening.
The following attributes are required:
- Empathy and experience of working with older people
- A valid UK driving license and have access to a vehicle is preferable, but we will consider walking staff
- Own a smart phone
- An NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or willing to work towards
- Enhanced rates of pay for evenings and weekends
- DBS, training and uniform all paid for by Age UK Medway
- Salary from £8.35 - £9.25 per hour
- Petrol paid 45p per mile
- Paid travel time
- Full time/part time contracts
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme with Simply Health
- Further qualifications
As an organisation we maintain high quality standards, rated as good by CQC. Everyone within Homecare contributes to ensuring the clients experience is a positive one. This is also the reason that a lot of our carers have worked with us for 16 years or more.
Being a Community Care Worker makes a rewarding career. If this is the role that you feel you could fulfil and are able to work one evening a week and every other weekend, or Monday to Friday and every other weekend then please get in touch.
Please call 01634 572616 and speak to Alex Visser for an application pack which must be completed for this position. Alternatively you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can download an application below: