As you get older, foot care becomes even more important. As age takes its toll, your skin thins, your joints begin to stiffen and your feet become more vulnerable to the cold. Not to mention the added difficulty if your eyesight isn't too good!
It's for these reasons that Age UK Medway introduced the Community Foot Care service, to help older people keep those pesky toenails in check.
"It's like walking on air!"
It isn't normal to have painful feet, and you shouldn't have to put up with it. Investing a bit of time and thought into caring for your feet now, can prevent them causing you pain in the future. Available between 9am-1pm Monday to Friday, we can assist you with:
- Cutting and filing toe nails, keeping them at a comfortable length
- Smoothing and moisturising dry and rough skin
- Checking for cracks and breaks in the skin, and inflammation such as blisters
- Looking for signs of infection like nail fungus or other obvious early problems, and seeking professional advice
- Choosing suitable socks and footwear
- Helping to cut finger nails.
If you would like to know more or want to book an appointment, please call us on 01634 401099.