Age UK North West Kent is an equal opportunities organisation and is committed to promoting equality, valuing diversity and combating unfair treatment.
Age UK North West Kent is committed to proting these rights in the following ways:
- Its role in the community
- Providing services to older people
- As an employer
Age UK North West Kent believes that diversity is one of the greatest strengths an organisation can have and will harness this for the benefit of all of its service users, individuals and potential service users. Employees and job applicants will not be discriminated against on the grounds of social circumstances, background, gender, race, colour, ethnic origin, disability, sexuality, age, or religion.
The principles of tolerance, understanding and respect for others are central to our organisation.
Equal Opportunities Statement
- In the provision of care support facilities and in the employment of staff to provide these services, the organisation will seek to ensure equality of opportunity and treatment for all people.
- No person applying for care support facilities, or for a job, or for contracts with the organisation, will be treated less favourably than any other person because of their race, colour, ethnic or national origin or because of their religion, sexual orientation, physical disability, appearance or marital status.
- In carrying out its Equal Opportunities Policy the organisation will actively assist disadvantaged minority groups to benefit from its service.
- As an employer the organisation will seek actively to employ staff from minority groups. Where necessary, it will seek to provide them with training facilities to enable them to compete or qualify for position in the organisation.
- To help it fulfil its commitment to Equal Opportunity, the organisation will monitor records of the ethnic/racial origin of all those applying to it for care facilities and all those seeking employment from the organisation.
- In hiring contractors and other agencies to work for it, the organisation will be mindful of its commitment to Equality of Opportunity.
- In the composition and operation of its Management Committee, the organisation will be mindful of its commitment to Equal Opportunity.
If you would like more information about our policies, or if you have any questions, queries or concerns, please contact us.