Being Well Service
- Location: Age UK Worcester and Malvern Hills
- Price: Free
Please note, this service is not available outside Age UK Worcester & Malvern Hills - Head Office's catchment area.
Age UK Worcester and Malvern Hills
7 Shaw Street
This service is only available across the Malvern Hills District.
Do you have the tools and support you need to take care of your mental wellbeing, and prevent your worries and problems escalating and affecting your day-to-day life?
Would you like to feel more connected to your community?
What is the Being Well Service?
The Being Well service supports people across Malvern Hills to take control of the issues affecting their mental health and wellbeing.
These will be different for everyone, but might include:
• Social isolation and loneliness
• Money worries, debt and benefits
• Caring responsibilities
• Illness and disability
• Housing or employment issues
What can you expect?
We take a person-centred approach to help people identify the issues affecting their mental wellbeing and quality of life, and support them to find a way forward
• Be a supportive listening ear to help you talk through your problems
• Support you to find solutions to your problems
• Link you with support in your community, voluntary organisations and local social and community groups
Whatever your circumstances, we can help you take those first steps to improving your mental wellbeing.
The importance of mental health
It is estimated that in the UK today more than 1 in 4 older people live with a common mental health condition such as anxiety or depression.
Poor mental health impacts individuals and their families financially and socially, and leads to a lower overall quality of life and a shorter healthy life span. Getting help early, connecting with others and learning strategies to manage anxiety and low mood can make a big difference to the wellbeing of the individual, their families and the wider community.
Volunteer for the Being Well Service
Give back your free time and help us support an older person with their mental health and wellbeing.
How can you contact us?
• 01684 560666 (Age UK Worcester & Malvern Hills)
• 01684 563611 (South Worcestershire Citizens Advice)
• Use the link below to contact us online