Home Energy Checks
- Location: Age UK Worcester and Malvern Hills
- Price: Free
Age UK Worcester and Malvern Hills
7 Shaw Street
A fund granted by the Government to help older people during this very difficult economic period.
In partnership with other Age UK's, we will undertake Home Assessments, targeting the most vulnerable (the elderly, carers, those with disabilities and long-term health conditions).
We are working with Worcestershire & Herefordshire County Councils to support over 50s with the installation of energy saving measures and additional Information & Advice to cope with the cost of living crisis. Including, FREE Home Energy Checks.
What do we do?
• FREE home visit from one of our Home Energy Check experts
• FREE Information & Advice
• FREE installation of small energy-saving devices (if required)
• FREE signposting to other Age UK Worcester, Malvern Hills & Hereford Localities and community services
As part of our Home Energy Check you can expect:
• Assess the property build (cavity wall and loft insulation, wall type, damp or mould presence)
• Install energy saving equipment (LED light bulbs, timer sockets, radiator panels, night lights, insulation foam, door to floor draught excluders and door brushes)
• Advise on the impact of cold weather on medical conditions and general health
• Assess how confident residents are about energy saving and keeping warm
• Give advice about the above and about support that is available
• Make referrals to appropriate agencies or other internal departments for further assistance
Am I eligible?
You are eligible for the project if you are:
• Over 50
• Worried about energy costs or are in fuel poverty
• A home owner, private tenant or live in a mobile/park home
Household Support Fund 4 Payments
A fund has been granted by the Government to help pensioners during this very difficult economic period. We are currently working with Worcestershire & Herefordshire County Councils to distribute payments and vouchers to eligible pensioners.
Find out more below:
How can you contact us?
Please do contact us on any of the following methods.
• 01905 724294 (Worcester)
• 01684 560666 (Malvern)
• 0333 0066 299 (Herefordshire)
• Use the link below to contact us online