AGE UK BEDFORDSHIRE
Responsible to: FCA Supervisor and ultimately the Approved Person (Chief Executive)
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 20 hours per week (10am to 2pm)
Based at: Bromham Road Office, Bedford
Salary: £8,008 per annum
Main Duties: Insurance Responsible in conjunction with the FCA supervisor for trading (insurance) activities in line with Financial Conduct Authority regulations. For which full and ongoing training will be given:
• Work alongside the existing FCA Supervisor to provide a comprehensive insurance arranging service to our clients which will include, Home and Contents, Travel, Motor and Motor Breakdown insurances together with various other non regulated products.
• Introduce and provide information on Age UK Insurance Products and Services to allow customers to make choices
• Accurately complete and assist to maintain all admin records and documentation (includes banking of monies) in accordance with necessary procedures.
• Abide by Codes of Conduct, Rules and Guidelines and Comments and Complaints Procedures issued by Age UK.
• Undertake all regular in-house and external training required to remain competent and participate in reviews of such competency in line with FCA regulations
• Work as part of the staff team of Age UK Bedfordshire.
• Talk to older people about the work of Age UK Bedfordshire.
• Comply with all policies and procedures of Age UK Bedfordshire.
• Participate in meetings both at Age UK Bedfordshire and other venues as the role requires.
• Working from Luton base as need arises in the future.
• Occasional out of hours participation at fund raising events.
.• Any other duties as required of the post.
Training and Education - Good general education including English and Maths.
Experience - Ability to deal with the public and other professionals. Good administration skills.
Special Skills - Computer literate Good communication and interpersonal skills
Personal Attributes - Self-motivating. Outgoing positive attitude. Calm and organised
Personal Circumstances - Full driving licence and full use of vehicle.
Training and Education - 5 GCSE grades or similar
Experience - Some Sales, Promotional or Marketing experience.Good team player with flexible attitude. FCA experience.
Special Skills - Work within the charitable or voluntary sector
Personal Attributes - An understanding of older people’s needs.
Application for Insurance Arranger
For more information please email: Recruit@ageukbedfordshire.org.uk