Age UK Barnsley offers a free and confidential Information and Advice service for older people, their families and carers.
Our experienced staff and volunteers have comprehensive knowledge of benefits for older people and a good awareness of local facilities and services. If we are unable to provide you with the information or advice that you need, we aim to signpost you to an appropriate organisation.
Where can you find us?
One Stop Shop
31-33 Eldon Street
When are we open?
Monday – Saturday 9:00am – 4:30pm .
You can pick up a range of information booklets and there are Information Assistants available to help you on the following days:
- Monday - 9:30am - 1:00pm
- Tuesday - 9:30am - 4:00pm
- Wednesday - 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Thursday - 9:30am - 1:00pm
- Friday - 9:30am - 1:00pm
Please note our Information Assistants are volunteers and these times maybe subject to change at short notice.
If you need an appointment to discuss issues in greater detail we offer appointments throughout the week.
Topics we cover...
Our advisers are trained to help you in many areas, including the following topics:
- Social care - such as finding a care home or getting some help at home, and how it's funded.
- Your income - including free benefits checks, help with applying for benefits and pension advice.
- Your home - information on staying warm at home, home adapatations and how to prevent falls.
- Legal issues - such as wills, Power of Attorney, and how to deal with an estate.
For more on our Information and Advice service, please feel free to contact us:
Telephone: 01226 776825