We want to enable more people to maintain their independence in their own home by providing trusted, person-centred help and support
Our At Home Home Workers provide practical assistance with household tasks to enable older people to remain safely and comfortably in their own homes for as long as possible.
Our Home Workers cannot provide personal care, however they can help with a range of tasks to suit your needs, including:
- General housework
- Spring cleaning
- Window cleaning (low level interior windows only)
- Sorting and tidying
- Laundry and ironing
- Changing bed linen
- Shopping (either for the client or with the client)
- Collecting presciptions
- Taking clients to appointments
- Preparing lunch and snacks
- Sitting/ respite service (no personal care)
whilst always aiming to provide a person-centred service.
All our Home Workers have completed a satisfactory DBS check (Criminal Records Check) and thorough references have been obtained. They all carry identification and none of them will visit you without a pre-arranged appointment.
There is a charge for this service (however income received from our paid-for services contribute to funding our free charitable services, including our Information & Advice and Befriending services, helping to support local older people across North Worcestershire)
How much does the service cost?
- The charge for our Home Workers is £16.50 per hour
- Each month we will send you an invoice for the total number of hours’ work you have received – to help make things easier, this invoice can now be paid by direct debit, by card over the telephone or by direct transfer to our bank account
“I am just a friend who has come to help...” - Age UK BRWF Home Worker
Find out more about our At Home Service
Contact us on 01527 570490 or email: email@example.com - We are here to help
Are you interested in becoming a Home Worker?
Contact us on 01527 570490 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org