Information & Advice
- Location: Age UK Lindsey
- Price: Free
Age UK Lindsey
The Old School House
Manor House Street
Age UK Lindsey offers a free, impartial and confidential Information and Advice service for older people, their families and carers. We specialise in providing quality-assured, age-specific support to anyone over fifty living in East Lindsey, West Lindsey or North Lincolnshire.
What can you advise me on?
Our advisers are trained to help you on the following topics:
• Social care - such as finding and funding care at home or in a residential setting.
• Your income - including free benefits checks, help with applying for pension-age entitlements, and information about local or national grants.
• Your home - information on staying warm at home and adaptations to help maintain your wellbeing and independence.
• Local services - those provided by Age UK Lindsey and our partners across the region.
• Combating isolation - supporting you to enjoy an active later life and find the social interaction you need.
Having received both AQS (Advice Quality Standard) and CQS (Charity Quality Standard) awards for our services, you can be assured that we are committed to delivering the best in customer care and providing consistent, relevant advice to our clients. To find out more about Age UK Lindsey's awards, click on the link below.
Please note: unfortunately, we cannot offer any help or recommendations regarding domestic service providers such as cleaners, gardeners and handypersons. This is because we get a very high number of urgent enquiries on the key topics mentioned above. However, if you are looking for help regarding domestic services, there are a few pointers we can give you:
• Ask friends or family to support you in your search
• Speak to neighbours about who they might be able to recommend
• Use a search engine on the internet or ask someone to help you
• Join local community groups through social media i.e. Facebook and Next Door
• Look in local papers, supermarket windows or in parish council venues for adverts
How do I access the service?
The best way to get in touch with our I&A Service is by calling 01507 524242 (option 1). Our lines are open Monday-Friday 8.30am to 2pm but please be aware that we are often very busy and your call may be redirected to the Age UK national helpline. If they are not able to help you, they will take your details and you will be added to our call-back list. Alternatively, you can complete our service referral form, (see below), and your enquiry will be added to our database and call-back list. We aim to deal with all calls and requests within two weeks.
You can also refer a family member, friend or (for healthcare professionals) your client, using either of the above methods.
How much does the service cost?
Our Information and Advice Service is completely free to our clients; however, we rely on donations and funding to keep the service running. If you would like to support our I&A service, and ensure that it remains free-to-access for everyone, you can do so by making a donation, playing the West Lindsey Lottery, fundraising, or even shopping online through eBay store or in our high street shops. Click on the link below to find out more.
We've collected together a number of online resources to help you, help yourself, including a range of information guides and factsheets for you to download. Find out more about:
💷 Money & Legal Issues
🩺 Health & Wellbeing
💚 Care & Support
🎓 Work & Learning
💉The Coronavirus Pandemic
❄️ Winter Wellness
Click on the link below to visit the online resources page.