Age UK Lindsey offers a free and confidential information and advice service for older people, their families and carers.
What can you advise me on?
Our advisers are trained to help you on the following topics:
- Social care - such as finding and funding care at home or in a residential setting
- Your income - including free benefits checks, help with applying for pension-age entitlements, and information about local or national grants
- Your home - information on staying warm at home and adaptations to help maintain your wellbeing and independence
- Local services - those provided by Age UK Lindsey and our partners across the region
- Combating isolation - supporting you to enjoy an active later life and find the social interaction you need
We can't make recommendations regarding domestic service providers such as cleaners, gardeners and handypersons because we do not hold a trusted trader list. Unfortunately, we cannot offer any information or advice regarding enquiries of this nature because we get a very high number of urgent enquiries on the key topics mentioned above. However, if you are looking for help regarding domestic services, there are a few pointers we can give you:
- Ask friends or family to support you in your search
- Speak to neighbours about who they might be able to recommend
- Use a search engine on the internet or ask someone to help you
- Join local community groups through social media i.e. Facebook and Next Door
- Look in local papers, supermarket windows or in parish council venues for adverts
Whatever you do - be careful and wary of scammers - never pay for any service up-front and ask a trusted friend or family member to do their own checks on your behalf
How do I access the service?
The best way to get in touch with our I&A Service is by calling 01507 524242 (option 1). Our lines are open Monday-Friday 8.30am to 2pm. Alternatively, you can complete our service referral form at any time or request a callback by sending us an email.
I want to speak face-to-face with someone, is this possible?
Unfortunately, it is not currently safe for us to conduct face-to-face appointments in people's homes, due to the coronavirus pandemic. However, we are hopeful that we'll soon be able to offer appointments to our most vulnerable clients, who may be struggling to access support over the telephone. Drop-in sessions may also become available again, once it is safe to do so.
Can I refer someone else to the service?
How much does the service cost?
Our Information and Advice Service is completely free. However we rely on donations and funding to keep the service running. If you would like to make a donation, please speak to one of our advisers or click here to find out more.
Support Age UK Lindsey's I&A service by playing the West Lindsey Lottery. Tickets cost just £1 per week and we receive 50p from every ticket sold.
Click here to find out more.
Age UK Lindsey has been awarded the AQS and Information and Advice Quality Marques. Click here to find out what this means.
Concerned about coronavirus?
Find out more about what we can all do to reduce the risk of catching or transmitting coronavirus and Age UK Lindsey's response to the outbreak