Information and advice
- Location: Age UK Leeds
- Price: Free
Please note, this service is not available outside Age UK Leeds - Head Office's catchment area.
Age UK Leeds
Our Information Services team can support you by phone or email. We also offer pre-arranged office appointments and home visits with one of our friendly advisors or volunteers.
You can access support in a number of ways.
Give us a call on 0113 389 3000. Monday - Friday 9.00am - 4.00pm.
If we are not able to take your call you can leave a voicemail and one of the team will call you back.
You can also call 0113 389 3004 and get through to the Age UK’s national helpline. The helpline is open 8 am – 7 pm, 365 days a year. You can also call them on 0800 678 602.
The helpline is able to support with a range of questions and can send you fact sheets and information as required. If they feel that you require more local support from our team they will ask permission from you to pass us your details and we will contact you within 5 working days.
By email: email@example.com. We will respond within 5 working days.
Topics covered are:
- Benefits and money - Welfare benefits advice for those over (or approaching) state pension age. This includes benefit checks and help to complete claim forms.
- Your home - information on staying warm at home, home adaptations and housing options.
- Social care - such as finding a care home or getting some help at home, and how it is funded.
- Local services and support - signposting and information on what is available in the Leeds area and where to begin looking for the services that you need.
- Legal issues - such as wills, Power of Attorney, and how to deal with an estate. Free advice from a solicitor is available by appointment.
For more information the service please see our Information and Advice Service Information Document
How to make a referral for a client
If you are a professional and are working with a client that would benefit from our service, you can refer them by completing our Advice Referral Form and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we now have an Egress account. For organisations who also have an Egress account you are welcome to send the referral via Egress to the advice email.
If you would like to discuss the referral before sending the form please call 0113 389 3000.
We need your feedback!
If you would like to give us some feedback about our service please click on the link below and complete our questionnaire. Alternatively you can call us and we can send a hard copy of the feedback form to you for completion.
Commencing 12 January 2024 there will be an I&A drop-in session every 2 weeks on a Friday between 10:00am and 2:00pm.
Appointments will be allocated on a first come, first served basis and will be for a maximum of 30 minutes.