What are the benefits of partnering with Age UK Leeds?
A partnership with us could be beneficial for your business by helping you meet your corporate social responsibility objectives. It's a great way to motivate employees, gain insight into the over-50s market, get some great PR and help Age UK Leeds to support vulnerable people in the local community. Contact email@example.com for more information.
How can we get involved?
There are a number of ways your organisation can partner with us.
Choose Age UK Leeds as your Charity of the Year
Please consider choosing Age UK Leeds as your business Charity of the Year. In return we would offer joint branding on our fundraising materials and our events, as well as positive PR and local media coverage.
Sponsor one of our events
Your staff could get involved in our events thoughout the year, such as the Leeds Abbey Dash or the Christmas Carol Concert. By sponsoring an event you help us with the costs, for example, food and decorations, and in return get some great PR and local media coverage.
Display a collection tin
Could you display a collection tin in your office or shop? This would help us to collect much needed donations to ontinue our vital work in Leeds.
Donate a raffle prize or service
Could you donate a prize for one of our many fundraising raffles and competitions - perhaps a bottle of wine, box of chocolates or biscuits, bath goodies, gift vouchers, or free services?
Send employees to volunteer
Could you send a team to help out at an event or activity? It's a great way for staff to bond by working together to help vulnerable older people. Previous staff teams have served Christmas lunches, taken older people on days out, manned a cake stall, and acted as stewards at our annual Leeds Abbey Dash.
Run a fundraising event
Your employees could run their own fundraiser to help raise vital funds for our work. They could do a cake sale, dress down day, a sponsored walk or run, or a raffle. There's so many things they could do - contact us for more ideas!
Corporate sponsor case study - Irwin Mitchell Solicitors 2017
Age UK Leeds partnered with Irwin Mitchell Solicitors in 2017 as their chosen Charity of the Year. Here's what we did:
- Age UK Leeds made a presentation to Irwin Mitchell about the difference their support could make. They set themselves a target to raise £10,000 for Age UK Leeds and actually raised over £11,000!
- They have held bake sales and raffles.
- They have held two events - a quiz night and a talent show.
Thank you to Irwin Mitchell Solicitors for making us their Charity of the Year 2017!
Other companies in Leeds have supported us with one off activities too...
Santander Briggate Branch had a team run in the Leeds 10K
Santander Office have held raffles, tombolas, bake sales and dress down days
William Hill have had bake sales and tombola
Direct Line have had a quiz night hosted in our cafe
Corporate and Community support
Corporate partnerships with Age UK Leeds bring benefits to your business and employees. We also have partnerships with schools in Leeds that are great for educating children whilst raising some much needed funds at the same time. Find out how by contacting us.
Fundraising top tips
- Ask your employer: ask your company if it has a matched giving scheme which means it’ll match your fundraising pound for pound
- Set a target: try setting yourself a fundraising target. It’s easier if you divide your fundraising target and work towards a smaller amount each month instead of one big sum
- Don’t give up: persistence really pays off. There’s nothing wrong with sending reminders after your first request for donations
- Tell everyone: let your Facebook and Twitter followers know what you have planned and how you’re helping such a great cause. Keep them updated on how things are going and, of course, tell them how to donate.
For any queries about fundraising, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org – we would love to hear from you.