Age UK South Gloucestershire – Together we make a difference.
Age UK South Gloucestershire’s purpose is to support you and your loved ones when you need us.
To create an age friendly community where you feel empowered, respected, connected, and supported to make the very best of your life.
To make a positive difference by putting you and the people around you at the heart of all we do. To work alongside and supported by partner organisations, raising awareness, to improve the quality of your life and provide effective timely support for when you need it.
How are our strategic objectives going to achieve our mission?
- Valuing and celebrating our staff and volunteering.
- Working to reduce loneliness and isolation.
- Promoting health, wellbeing, and independence.
- Supporting families, loved ones and carers in their own homes and wider community.
- Helping people access services, benefits, and other entitlements.
- Promoting equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Being a leading advocate for issues that impact our community.
Our values guide all we do:
- Together we make a difference.
- Respecting – we treat everyone with respect and embrace equality, diversity and inclusion in our practices. We actively represent the interests of older people to those whose decisions will affect them, promoting positive attitudes to ageing and challenging prejudice and bias.
- Enabling – We are person-centered and keep individuals at the heart of everything we do. We enable and empower people to make the most of their life and prolong their independence while respecting their feelings and wishes.
- Supporting – We are a supportive, empathetic, and caring organisation, whether to work, volunteer, or receive services or support.