Who is the service for?
Age UK South Gloucestershire offers a free and confidential information and advice service for older people, their families and carers.
What does the service offer?
Our advisers can help you on the following topics.
- Your income - including free benefits checks and help with applying for benefits.
- Your wellbeing - information on local activities and services provided by other organisations.
Who are your advisers?
Our advisers include volunteers who come from a wide range of backgrounds and are trained to help you. They have all been screened and are subject to a DBS check. If we can’t help you directly we can usually put you in touch with someone who can!
How much does the service cost?
The advice is free of charge. You may chose to engage services from other providers should you feel it necessary.
How do I access the service?
You can access our information and advice service in a number of ways.
- By phone: 01454 411707 option 1 for benefits advice (open 9am until 1:30pm, Monday-Thursday) and option 6 for all other enquiries (open 9am until 1pm, Monday-Friday).
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- At our office: Book an appointment or drop-in to our office in Thornbury (normal opening hours Monday to Friday 9:30am to 1pm).
- Printed information leaflets are available to collect from our office in Thornbury.
We understand that a lot of people in the UK are worried about the current coronavirus outbreak and may want more information. Please remember that there is a dedicated 111 online coronavirus webpage where people can check symptoms and get advice. The 111 helpline is currently experiencing a high number of calls. Where possible please use and encourage others to use the online service first.
You can also find further information on the National Age UK website using the following link: https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/health-wellbeing/conditions-illnesses/coronavirus/
If you are a volunteer looking for more information on how we are preparing for any potential changes to our services please call us on 01454 411707 (option 2).