Who is the service for?
Age UK South Gloucestershire offers a free and confidential information and advice service for older people, their families and carers.
What does the service offer?
Our advisers can help you on the following topics.
- Social care - such as finding a care home or getting some help at home, and how it's funded.
- Your income - including free benefits checks, help with applying for benefits and pension advice.
- Your home - information on staying warm at home, home adapatations and how to prevent falls.
- Legal issues - such as wills, Power of Attorney, and how to deal with an estate.
Who are your advisers?
Our advisers include volunteers who come from a wide range of backgrounds and are trained to help you. They have all been screened and are subject to a DBS check. If we can’t help you directly we can usually put you in touch with someone who can!
How much does the service cost?
The advice is free of charge. You may chose to engage services from other providers should you feel it necessary.
How do I access the service?
You can access our information and advice service in a number of ways.
- By phone: 01454 411707 option 1 for benefits advice and option 4 for all other enquiries.
- By email: email@example.com
- At our office: Book an appointment or drop-in to our office in Thornbury (normal opening hours Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm).
- Printed information leaflets are available to collect from our office in Thornbury and the Charity Shop in Kingswood.