Funded Services Officer Vacancy
Published on 15 January 2020 01:27 PM
Funded Services Officer Vacancy
Base: Bradbury Independent Living Centre
Salary: £25000.00 Pro Rata
Hours: 21 over 3 days
Holiday Entitlement: Pro rata of 33 days
This will be a wide ranging role with significant opportunities working closely with key team members to research potential funders whether individuals, grant-giving bodies, corporates or other organisations.
- Lead on bid writing and applications in line with donor and organisational requirements; ensuring deadlines for new applications and reporting are met
- Building a detailed understanding of all work streams to identify projects and activities of interest to funders.
- Maintaining and strengthening relationships with existing and potential funders through regular newsletters and other correspondence, events and careful database management
- Undertake research as required to compile prospect's lists and produce funding briefs
- Accounts manage a portfolio of funders, including compiling and producing progress reports and analysis reports with support from the management team.
- Provide grant administration support for grants received from a range of funders including Trusts and Foundations, the Big Lottery Fund, central and local government.
- Coordinate with our Management Accountant to ensure that funds and donations received are recorded accordingly.
- Ensure all donors are promptly thanked within standards set for response times.
- Write funding bids and carry out unrestricted appeals.
- Maintain up to date and accurate paper and electronic files on funders and prospects.
- Develop and maintain an excellent knowledge of the charities services and build relationships with service managers in order to research, design, write and submit detailed applications for capital and revenue funds to all relevant grant-making bodies
- Account manage and build relationships with relevant funders ensuring all donors are canvassed in a relevant way, and provide monitoring ,evaluating and reporting as necessary
- Keep up to date with project development and communicate progress to funding bodies
- Where relevant, arrange for prospects and donors to visit the work of the charity
- Receive regular supervision and attend training as agreed with the Deputy Chief Executive
Qualifications and experience:
- Relevant qualifications which demonstrate strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Skills and experience that are imperative for the role
- Experience of managing projects or services
- Experience of project monitoring and reporting
- Experience of developing projects and preparing funding applications
- Experience of working with partners
- Teamwork - Not only being an efficient team member but also being able to communicate, motivate and delegate.
- Leadership – To be able to lead on projects and services and to seek, with direction necessary funding and to manage multiple projects.
- Responsibility – Be able to take responsibility, be comfortable with making decisions and/or taking ownership of your work.
- Communication - Be an effective communicator; be adaptable in communicating to different people.
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation
- Change – Able to work in an agile working environment while maintaining a caring and responsible manner
- Understand the needs of older people and others who need our support
- Flexible- Able to work across multiple Age UK West Cumbria office/shop locations
WORKING FOR AGE UK WEST CUMBRIA:
Continuous Personal Development:
The post holder will be required to work with his / her Line Manager to identify areas for further training and development and undertake relevant courses and qualifications as required.
Health and Safety:
The post holder is required to carry out duties in accordance with Age UK West Cumbria’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
The post holder is required to have due regard to equal opportunities at all times, and to work in a fair and reasonable manner towards all people, ensuring service standards are maintained for all cultures.
BENEFITS AGE UK WEST CUMBRIA OFFERS ITS EMPLOYEES:
- Training and development
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Health Plan
As an Age UK Brand Partner, we share the following vision, mission and values:
Vision: A society in which everyone can love later life.
Mission: To help people (in Allerdale and Copeland) to enjoy later life.
- We are respectful
- We are inclusive
- We are positive
- We are realistic
- We are here to make a real difference
- We build and share expertise based on evidence
- We are empowering
To apply please send an updated CV to Aimee Morgan: email@example.com