For people with limited mobility, disabilities, medical conditions or dementia who want to remain independent at home. To assist their carers and help them to get out into the community.
What is available?
The latest range of daily living aids and equipment laid out in room settings where you can try before you buy:
- Equipment on prescription and for purchase including Cosy Feet footware.
- Recycled equipment for purchase and larger equipment for hire eg wheelchairs.
- Larger equipment; stairlifts, riser-recliner chairs, adjustable beds and easy bathing bathrooms for purchase.
- Motorised Scooters to purchase in partnership with Cumbria Mobility.
Information & Advice on all aspects of active, healthy and independent living and support with entitlements & benefits. Trained Assessors to assess your daily living and equipment needs. Assessment of your home environment available on request. You can also find help to create a dementia-friendly home environment.
Rooms for Hire in the Activity Suite:
Offering: Activity Room, Meeting/Training Room, WiFi, Galley Kitchen and Disabled Toilet Facilities. All rooms in the Suite are available for hire or can be hired as a whole.
Open Plan Activity Space:
- Large flexible space available for activities including specialist groups such as sensory impairment & peer support groups, social activities eg friendship, exercise and computer groups
- Individual computer stations for IT activities
- Stackable, adaptable furniture to suit a range of activities
- Combined with the Meeting/Training Room hired together can accomodate 100 people
- Equipped with hearing loop, flipchart, projector and screen
- Seats 30 people in Board Room/Cabaret Syle
- Seats 50 people in Conference Style
Small Meeting Room/Office:
- Suitable for private consultation or appointments with clients
- Suitable for hot desk or small meeting room for 4 people
We also offer a range of training courses provided by Age UK West Cumbria. Timetable available on request.
Where can you find us?
The Bradbury Independent Living Centre
Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4.00pm
What's on this week:
|Monday||IT Drop In (10.00 - 12.00pm)|
|Tuesday||Tuesday Group (1.30 - 3.30pm)|
|Thursday||Link Up And Laugh (1.00 - 3.00pm)|
|Friday||Jubilee Club (10.30 - 1.30pm)|
To find out about more activities & groups in your area click here.
Client Helpline Tel: 08443 843 843
Centre Tel: 01900 844670