Our Community Connections project is offering help to those people who are feeling lonely or isolated and would like some help to boost their confidence and get out and about more.
Loneliness has been identified as a significant issue in the health and wellbeing of older people with evidence showing that the impact is as great as that of smoking or obesity.
Over a million older people say they are always or often lonely.
Loneliness can be as harmful to health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day.
This service can offer you support with:
- Individual Befriending
- Telephone Befriending
- A volunteer to accompany you to activities for a few sessions until you feel confident enough to go alone or meet up with someone in that group
- Information on activities in your area
- Getting into volunteering
- Support for groups to involve new people
- Support to set up new groups
This service is available across Copeland and Allerdale.
Become a volunteer on this project
We are looking for volunteers to help end loneliness we need volunteers to support isolated older people by:
- Befriending a lonely older person
- Supporting someone to join in social activities
- Having a chat over the phone once a week
- Running a coffee morning or activity for a small group of older people
You could make a difference today!
For more information on this service or if you would like to become a volunteer please call our local Helpline 08443 843 843 or the head office in Whitehaven 01946 66669 or email email@example.com
Click here to find out where your nearest resource centre is:
Where to find us
Project Funded by: