Helping you stay safe and independent at home
NOTICE: Following government guidelines, risk assessments, consulting with staff, implementing health & safety & PPE procedures we are still offering this service. Social distancing rules & PPE restrictions apply with sanitiser for cleaning hands on arrival and throughout the visit, gloves for handling goods, face masks and daily cleaning regimes, For more information please call one of the team on 08443 843 843.
The Handyperson Service offers practical help and advice with small repairs and fittings in and around the home to improve your safety and help you live independently.
Our Handyperson can help with:
- The installation and fitting of small daily living aids and equipment such as grab rails, hand rails, key safes, bath rails and more.
- The installation of locks and chains on your doors.
- Small repairs inside the home and outside from mending a leaking tap and putting up curtain rails to clearing overgrown pathways and repairing gates.
Who can access this service?
This service is available to:
- Adults over the age of 18 who need community care services.
- Anyone registered as disabled
- People who are victims of crime e.g. burglary
How does the service work?
You can access the service by contacting the helpline. You can also be referred to the service via a relative, friend or a health/social care professional. An estimation of costs will be provided before any work is carried out.